CF5 in Depth: Opportunities and Challenges
Do you really know what's new in CF 5? If you can't name more than 10 new features, you're missing out! Even then, do you have anything more than a passing understanding of what’s new? More than that, do you know the "gotchas"? Do you know what's no longer supported? What was broken before but now is fixed? Maybe you can now use something you couldn’t before.
In this day-long seminar, veteran CF trainer/user group speaker Charlie Arehart will show you—in his popular presentation style—not only what's new but also how to make the most of Release 5.
Sharing practical, real-world experiences and his encyclopedic knowledge of ColdFusion 5, Charlie will demonstrate that Release 5 offers much more than most will know, even if they've seen presentations and articles or read the information offered on the Release 5 Overview page at Macromedia's site.
And it's one thing to "know" the feature exists, but quite another to see the code to make it work, and learn the gotchas. You’ll save yourself days or perhaps weeks of effort and have real working code examples (and walk through setup/use of the nifty new administrative tools).
Finally, even if you've read the manuals cover to cover like he has (if you knew there were manuals and had access to them), there are still things that are not well-documented, if at all.
- The "usual suspect" list of most-discussed new features
- Dozens (yes, dozens!) of still more new features
- Real uses of all the new features (with walkthroughs, code samples, and more)
- Details and challenges of using all the new features
- The gotchas (installation issues, bugs, doc mistakes and more)
- Previous release features now deprecated and/or no longer supported
- Previous release problems now fixed
- Features available only in Enterprise, or on some platforms
- Topics not covered well, if at all, in the documentation and release notes
- Dozens (yes, dozens) of available CF 5 resources to peruse yourself
A more detailed list of topics is available.
The seminar will be scheduled soon for several public locations, to be listed at www.systemanage.com.
The cost is a mere US$199--far less than the value of your time to read about and try out all the new features, and uncover and resolve the many challenges. Even then, you’ll learn about topics you may not uncover easily on your own.
The seminar can be presented in on-site corporate settings, with no limit on the size of the group, for just US$1999 (discounts for multiple companies). Contact Charlie for more information. Also available in an abbreviated one-hour preview format for user groups, both internal and public.
| User Groups | Other Resources | Press Releases | Company
© 1998-2020, Charles Arehart, SysteManage